Tuesday 20 January 2015

Striped Trap

Pattern:  Striped Trap

Yarn: Berroco Folio and Berroco Boboli Lace

 I loved using a busy variegated yarn, alternated with a plain yarn. I find it really shows off the variegated yarn rather than just being busy.  I will definitely be using this technique again for other variegated yarns.


It doesn't look like much when it's layed out flat.  It's a trapezoid.  I got to a point when I was knitting it when I wondered if I would wear it but it's one of my favourite knit scarves.  The ends stay tucked into place and don't fall down. 


 I wear it like this all the time.  With the larger section down to the front and the skinny end wrapped up around my neck.
I could wear it this way with it over my back, as more of a shawl but scarf style is more me.

Cozy, warm, colourful: perfect for winter.  Have you made anything warm for yourself recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment